Just The Two Of Us.


As my son is getting older, I can't help but wonder who would want to miss out these stages of life. His quest for ever learning and his way of doing things is just simply amazing to me. (As you can tell I am a first time mom)

Being a single mother I have noticed that my son and I are incredibly close. We do everything together (as if I have a choice) but anywhere I go, here is my little man with me. No complaints, I would rather him with me than him with anyone else. With all that being said, I’m seeing the good side of it just being us two.

Here's a few things.

Our bond – our bond is incredible. I get to say I saw all his first. Celebrated all his milestones just him and I. Although he will be 2 soon, the hugs and the kisses make up for any silly thing I was mad about. The smile I put on his face with just the simplest thing, makes me happy. I love the trust he has for me, knowing that mommy will never let him down (it’s a huge responsibility but one I am particularly proud of). I’ll wear the super mom cape for as long as my son let me.

The final say – I don’t have to argue with anyone else when it comes to the welfare of my child. It’s my way or the high way. My son and I are on a particular schedule and he already knows what to expect from his mother. I don’t have to deal with the “but daddy said” or “I’ll ask dad instead”. At the end of the day mom has the final say.

More quality time – even though sometime I wish I could run away (I could never) from my responsibilities. I love every second I have with my son. The good, the bad, and the tantrums.
No arguments – the only argument I have is with myself. My son’s father chose not be in his life so I do not have to speak, ask, or tell him anything when it comes to rearing AJ. Hence no disagreement when it comes to AJ. I battle with myself when it comes to bettering AJ.

Support system – when my son was born, I’ve become and grown closer to the ones I want in my life and eliminate the ones that do nothing for my situation. As a single mother friends and family can be a huge support system. There are times when I think I won’t be able to make/do it and with their encouragement it makes it easier. Having a great support system can make or break a single parent.

Control of finance - that is the tightest and hardest part. Of course more money will make a difference but I am in control of my own money. With no support and doing it all by myself. I can proudly say my son is maintained and very much okay.
Knowing who my son is – I will know my son better than anyone because I am the one who is raising him. I know all his likes, dislikes, quirks, facial expression, non-verbal cues. What he is thinking without even telling me. Knowing that I am raising a little boy who I expect to be respectable, loving, open minded, acceptable and caring to all.

Empowerment – I have changed for the better becoming a single mother. I have become a stronger person. Knowing that I am doing a 2 person job by myself 24/7 gives me a great sense of pride. People ask “how do I do it?” I can’t even answer that question because I still don’t know how I do it, I just do it. 

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

49 comments

  1. It sounds like you really have your head on straight!! It's not easy to be a single mom, but it sounds like you really have things under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there - can totally relate... Wonderful post and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. Your little guy is adorable, and it sounds like his mommy is pretty awesome, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Don't let the smile fool you. Lol

      Delete
  4. I love the bond you and your son have. It sounds unbreakable and I can only image that the bond will get much stronger as you both grow. What a beautiful relationship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I want him to know that mommy will not let him down. We are in this together.

      Delete
  5. You such a good parent, many would fall apart being a single parent but you so strong! The bond you and your son is so special, I love seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaney. It's not easy one bit. But he does make up for a lot of things and have me do my very best for him.

      Delete
  6. Such a great post and I can relate even though I'm not a single mother. My fiance works a lot and has college too so it's always just me and my son, our bond is amazing, he's like my shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is your shadow. So is mine. Everywhere I go he is sure to follow. No matter what. Appreciate the fact that you have a fiance that is doing his very best for his family. That's worth more than many things.

      Delete
  7. How sweet, what a lovely post :) You and your son are absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing such a great job as a single mom. I can tell from the photos that you two are close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are close. He's my first and I just love his crazy self to pieces. Lol

      Delete
  9. You two are so cute! I would struggle being a single mother but if I had no choice I certainly would try to be the best mother I could be. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's hard but when life hand you lemons, it best to make lemonade out of it.

      Delete
  10. The bond between a mother & son is unbreakable. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. I don't know what I would do without him.

      Delete
  11. Your situation is not easy but you're making it look pretty good! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I try. I'm usually a hot mess.

      Delete
  12. Your son is adorable, I can tell you're a fantastic mother. You both look so happy. Hope you framed some of those pics! :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I definitely framed some of these pics of us. By far these are my favorites.

      Delete
  13. You are truly amazing. I love reading your blog and how well you do with your sweet boy. Keep blogging as you are inspiring other moms- being single or married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jinxy. =) That's so sweet. I will continue to carry on my friend.

      Delete
  14. You have an adorable son out there. You are an inspiring mom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so good to know that you have it handled, isn't it? You've got this mom thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to have it handled. I have my days when I drop the ball. Lol

      Delete
  16. Having that support system in place is nice! I used to have such a good support system, but I don't really where we live now, and I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A support system is essential. If I didn't have the people in my circle right now. I honestly don't know where I'd be.

      Delete
  17. Great story and photos. I love my son too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, you both look so adorable together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a beautiful little boy. I am sure he will realize all the hard work you did raising him alone. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope one day he does. Everything I do, I do for him.

      Delete
  20. Such a beautiful family! You are doing a great job at the mom thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome, you sound like a wonderful mom! And your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Being a single mom sounds tough, but you sound confident! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your positive outlook! It is contagious. You are a FANTASTIC mom and your son is pretty darn cute. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I have to see the glass half full in my situation.

      Delete
  24. What a great post! Cherish every moment! It sure does go by fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I will. It does go by way too fast.

      Delete

© Where's MY Pacifier?
Design:Maira Gall.